1/26/10

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Recently, I've realized e-mailing friends and family every time a discover a new tip on living healthy is an inefficient way of transferring information. Instead, I will post advice on this blog, and hope you share your valuable thoughts with me as well. To start, I will share some recipes on making home-made cleaning solutions that are non-toxic, cheap, and good for the environment:

Glass/mirrors: 1cup:1cup rubbing alcohol and water, 1 tbs white vinegar

Dishwasher detergent: 1tbsp:1tbsp baking soda and borax (aka "20 mule team" - laundry aisle)

Bathroom/kitchen/wood floor (all-purpose cleaner): 1 cup white distilled vinegar, 1/2 cup baking soda, you can also add some lemon juice.

Note: recently my cleaner ruined my marble by spraying chemicals on it. I was very upset of course and researched the proper way to clean marble. I discovered good old fashioned water and soap was best - no vinegar on marble!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about your blog. I am trying to make many of the same changes, but it is very nice to have someone doing the research for me!

    ReplyDelete